Lenco Bearcat G2 - Los Santos Sheriff’s Department​

• As many should know, back in the earlier days of the IV community picking up, I released an older Bearcat model that was never really rivaled in the community. Though, I was never really satisfied with that model and inevitably went on a mission to make a newer model. The newer model I started creating back in the days of GTA-Modding-Chest(some ought to remember this as I created a thread on it) and sadly abandoned the project after the website died. It was a model that IV was meant to see but sadly couldn't. Though, I've started working on that same model and am happy to say that it will be released for V since the game currently lacks a genuine and good quality Bearcat.

Thankfully after all these years, I still have all the saved files and I'm continuing work on that model. The exterior for the most part is finished, its just a matter of the finer details now and the modeling of the interior. Below are some recent screenshots of the model as it currently stands.

As usual, I will be posting updates as I progress with the model.

External Image i.imgur.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
  • Looks good so far. A few questions:

Yard1 had a riot model a long time ago that stayed private. In this model, 8 peds could be set in the back. I believe he achieved this with the vehiclelayouts.meta from the barracks model.

Would you be interested in doing something like that with this model?

Is this going to be based on LASD's Bearcats, with the Whelen liberty?

Will there be more variants, such as the Patriot systems mount or the medcat
    version used by some LASD models and the LAPD?

• Looks good so far. A few questions:

Yard1 had a riot model a long time ago that stayed private. In this model, 8 peds could be set in the back. I believe he achieved this with the vehiclelayouts.meta from the barracks model.

Would you be interested in doing something like that with this model?

I could look into it, but I make no promises. I prefer keeping the model in terms of the setup, as close to the original as possible. If I did do something like that, it'd be a separate version available after the first release.

Quote from c13

Is this going to be based on LASD's Bearcats, with the Whelen liberty?

Yes.

Quote from c13

Will there be more variants, such as the Patriot systems mount or the medcat
    version used by some LASD models and the LAPD?

I don't think I'd do anything else other than one of the Patriot systems mounts if I were to, but I can't say I would for sure. If there's enough interest from the community, then I will consider.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
  • What's the status of this project? Ditched or still ongoing?

Could say its set aside for now.

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!